Keeping things given to us by God simple, even though we live in a very complicated world.

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Lean not unto your own understanding

I saw the title on the board in front of the church where my sister goes this morning. It got me to thinking that too often we try to use our own intellect to solve problems instead of giving them to an all knowing, all loving, all powerful, God.

I saw that sign and went to my own church. I sat down at my seat and meditated on the following verse.
But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;-1Corinthians 1:27 KJV

I also thought about about Pilgrim's latest post where he dwells upon taking his wife, Virtue and Baby Pilgrim to a medical appointment. He was worried about his child being uncomfortable when a parent with a child who was suffering more than Pilgrim's. Pilgrim was worried about the other child being called in before his, but Virtue told him that they should let the other child go before theirs. Pilgrim then mused that even though he was supposed to be the more educated one of the two Virtue, taught him a lesson. Click here to read the post. See if you don't maybe see yourself there.

In these times of powerful computers and emphasis on education, we sometimes forget about the Lord and in doing so we end up working hard and not smart.


1 comment:

Linda Jones Malonson said...

One of the book I read, when I was in a dark place, was "Impersonal Life" ... it taught me a lesson about the personality and the intellect.

It said that the personality and the intellect are really of no consequence, because they are given so that human can experience life. That in order to accept God, we must put aside our personality and so called intellect. I might not be explaining it right, but it made sense to me.

Every since then, when I pray, I remove my petty personality and what I think I know ... and just let God speaks through me.

I have enjoyed my visit here this morning .. thank you.