Keeping things given to us by God simple, even though we live in a very complicated world.

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Judge not

Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: Luke 6:37 KJV

This post was originally inspired by my friend Cathouse Teri. She had wondered on her blog about those who visited there and cast judgment on her. Click here for blog post but be advised, adult language is used there.

Teri's blog does have adult language and some sexual content, but those who arrived there are forewarned about it.

One thing I have learned as a result of my online friendship with Teri is about judging others who blog. Quite often we get the wrong idea about someone from what we simply see from them on their blogs. A title or name may sway some opinions.

Same thing happens in the real world. We might look at one who is dressed differently than us, or may have some body markings we don't have, and we form our opinion of their spiritual state based on that. That ain't right.

As Christians we always have to be able to give a quick, wise answer to any who might have any questions. But the question has to be asked before the answer is given.

Only thing we can do at times is show another love.

I once heard that when we get to heaven, we may be surprised to see some there, and they may be just as surprised to see us there too.

5 comments:

Connie said...

Excellent post, Wixy! I hadn't had a chance to visit this blog of yours yet so thought I would check it out today. I'm enjoying it, and I like the music too! :)

Cliff said...

Thanks for the visit Daisy. Here I try to be a blessing and hopefully help some out.

This was my second blog. I wrote it as a means of posting devotions and blowing off steam about the church.

It's also a means of keeping me on my toes.

Connie said...

Sometimes it helps us understand our own beliefs better when we come to a place where we need to explain or defend them to others who believe differently than we do. This type of blog does just that in that it helps you define for yourself just what you believe and don't believe. Keep the faith and keep up the good work! :)

Melanie said...

Excellent ~ It is funny..I was talking to Kay about one of her posts and was relating how I read it..and she said..I did not mean for it to come across that way! :)

Stylin said...

Hi WIXY
It goes back to a conversation we had a long time ago.
My opinion is Teri can write what she wants on her blog,its her blog and its her space to vioce what she feels,people who judge blogs are people who hide behind the anonymity of the internet.
I went to her blog but it looks like she had deleted it.Its a shame that people make people do things like that.