Keeping things given to us by God simple, even though we live in a very complicated world.

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Mansions, Rooms, or Dwelling Places?

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. John 14:2 KJV

In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. John 14:2 NIV

In My Father's house there are many dwelling places (homes). If it were not so, I would have told you; for I am going away to prepare a place for you. John 14:2 Amplified Bible

Having spent many years thinking that if the translation wasn't KJV it was "of the devil," I always was confronted with this verse, John 14:2. As I get older I wonder what difference it makes what we dwell in when we get to Heaven. The importance is that we will be in the everlasting presence of the Lord.

We won't need the protection we have on Earth from the elements or from thieves. We won't need banks or safes. The roads we will be walking on are made of gold.

There won't be night and we won't need bedrooms. There will be no sickness so we won't need a medicine cabinet.

No matter what my dwelling place is, I will be living in the lap of luxury. So will you. I will love everyone there with the purest love, the love of God(agape) Why would I want to have walls separate me form you?

If I do have a mansion, don't knock on my door because I won't be there. I will be in the presence of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.




2 comments:

Kathy said...

I like this. There is such hope for us when we think about what is in store for our eternity.

Melanie said...

Whatever it is...it will be AWESOME!!