Keeping things given to us by God simple, even though we live in a very complicated world.

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Pray faithfully

A situation addressed in my church this morning has prompted this latest post. Our pastor was mentioning a something he had to deal with in the past week. He didn't mention specifics, such as who and what, and in my opinion, he didn't need to as it was not any of my business. One thing I do need to do is take it to the Lord. He knows the specifics and I have to put my trust in Him to direct those affected.

Reminds me of a time many years ago when I requested prayer for my wife and I made it an unspoken request. Some people come to me after the service to ask what the problem was because it would help them if they knew and they could pray intelligently.

I say pray faithfully. Give it to a God who knows all, including someone else's ailments, financial status, and spiritual condition.

God doesn't give extra credit for knowing more than others.

3 comments:

Sindi said...

Cliff my wonderful friend, whenever I stop in to visit, you always have such great posts. I am sorry I have not been around much but I have been busy.Since I found my new church I have been having a blast being with my new christain friends.

I want to thank you becasue you gave me the idea and the guts to ask my Pastor about a blog for the church. I have started the blog and I don't know how great I will be at it but I am going to try. If you would like to take a look just click on the picture of my church on my blog.

God bless you Cliff and thanks for always being such a wonderful friend.

Shadow said...

Hello Cliff, I am a friend of Sindi's and I really like you blogs and has yur page linked to mine. My name is Nathan

Michelle said...

mmm... people asking I tend to think is either pure curiousity or they're hoping they might offer real assistance as well as prayer if they know the problem. I really don't see why they need to know details. God knows before you even ask. The prayer, I believe, is more to keep us busy and not worrying - God already knows and is taking care of things. If he can watch over sparrows and lilies... ;-)