Keeping things given to us by God simple, even though we live in a very complicated world.

Monday, November 5, 2007

Dual Posts:Blessings

This is one of two dual posts, meaning this will be posted on both my blogs, this week. the other will appear either Thursday or Early Friday.

On October 16, I posted about Terry Pluto on my Seek Him First blog. I sent him a link to it and he responded by a very nice email asking for my home address. He sent me a book he co-wrote with Bill Glass titled "Champions for Life-The Power of a Father's Blessing." He autographed it-"To Cliff-You are a Blessing!" That, in itself, really blessed me.

I was reading this book as I was waiting to see the doctor late this afternoon. What I was reading was what Bill Glass, former Cleveland Browns player and current prison evangelist, had written about men and women needing blessings from authority figures. I am taking this book to Florida with me and I will review it in the weeks ahead.

This occurred to me: Those who read these blogs are a real blessing to me. I get encouragement from those who leave comments here. Those who find these blogs through other blogs, just about all of the time, usually begin with "I really enjoy your blog." I fear that sometimes I may not respond in kind. I've gotten email from those who are concerned about my emotional state and they always pick me up. Sindi just did that for me last week, and it's touching that someone whom I've never met could be such a blessing me.

Those who wished me a happy birthday last Tuesday really blessed my heart. Those who consider me a friend and say so on their blogs or in my comment section, your words are priceless.

And before I post this, I want to say this to those who are my friends but aren't bloggers:Your comments here give me something to brag about to other bloggers I want to be a blessing to everybody and some of you show me how to do it.

One final exhortation:Be as much a blessing to others as you are to me.

5 comments:

Sindi said...

Cliff,
That was the nicest thing I have ever read. I am in tears. You have just made my whole day, week, year! :) HE HE HE HE I am glad to be your blogger friend. :) I am not going to be able to wipe the smile off my face for a long time. Thank you!

Cliff said...

Sindi,

Just continue to bless others as you have blessed me.

Kathy said...

I know what you mean about blogger friends being a blessing and about how encouraging the comments are. I always look so forward to hearing what my blogger friends have to say in their blogs and in the comments they leave me.

Sindi said...

Cliff,
I am still smiling, HE HE HE and I hope you are also. :)

Stylin said...

Hi Wixy,
I dont know if you realise this but you uplift others too.Your comments are always funny and make me smile!!!