Keeping things given to us by God simple, even though we live in a very complicated world.

Sunday, October 28, 2007

A Pick Me Up

This weekend has been one of mixed emotions for me. First came the end of marching band season. I'm happy for the Rittman student musicians. They have worked so hard this season and it was an outstanding one. But I was somewhat sad as it marked the end of some folks involvement with the band. Adults whom I've become friends with and students who have grown into responsible young adults. And on a selfish note, as announcer, I was enjoying the attention(and praise) I was getting. That's over until next August.

There are also some things happening, in my life, which has made feel like I'm the everyday variety white trash. My world seems to be crashing around me at this point. An expression I always use to give me some motivation in these occasions is "this too shall pass."

Anyway, I've been doing some moping around this weekend, just doing enough to get by. Then I thought as I was surfing the web, I wonder what Terry Pluto wrote in his faith column yesterday. So I checked it out. It's amazing how the Lord works. Terry's column was titled "Getting up again and again after falling down". It was about how Christians keep having to ask the Lord to help them up time and again after feeling low.

God has a way of communicating, doesn't he?

5 comments:

stacys1175 said...

Iv been feeling the same way I had planned this great weekend for my husband and I and It did not go as I planed and Iv been upset about that. but after reading your post I feel better now I guess thing do work out in the end. also I wanted to let you know you have been awared the sweetness awared. have a nice day stacy

Stylin said...

Hi WIXY,
Its rough when you have the blues.
Have a great birthday

Kathy said...

Aren't you glad that God never gets tired of all our asking and asking?

Jessica said...

I hear you on the marching band thing. My daughters band qualified for the state championships so Saturday we are traveling to the Detroit Ford Field for the competition. It is bittersweet as we are really excited for the band but at the same time we are sad to see the season come to an end. We love the marching band!!!

Jessica

Sindi said...

Please don't be sad or blue
or I will have to make faces at you.
HE HE HE.
You have a friend that will be there until the end,
And to contact me you will not have to use a pen. HE HE HE HE

That Is about as good as it gets for a cheer up poem. I know it stinks, but I just made it up so give me a little credit and SMILE:)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
If you need to talk just E-mail me:)