Keeping things given to us by God simple, even though we live in a very complicated world.

Sunday, January 6, 2008

White as snow

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
Isaiah 1:18KJV

This post was inspired in part by a post and comments at Amais' Liquid Plastic blog.

Winter is here in Ohio and I got to remembering some thoughts I had some 25 years ago as I was driving to work one winter morning.

There was a light, but fluffy coating of snow on the ground. The snow was a very bright shade of white. I was on a spiritual high and I got to thinking about the goodness of the Lord.

I thought about the fact that the snow covered the ground and the marks that man left on the Earth during the other three seasons. The snow is helping prepare the Earth for agricultural use for the following seasons. Snow also replenishes the water table.

Snow is similar to the shed blood of Jesus Christ.

The blood of Jesus covers our sins, and renews us for eternal life. The blood prepares us to be fruitful in our Christian walk. If we have the blood on the outside we have the Holy Spirit on the inside.

God took our black hearts,
Covered them with red blood
Made them whiter than snow.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Thanks for sharing. I don't ever see snow, so it's not something I would have ever thought about.

Linda Jones Malonson said...

Like Kathy, I don't get to see much snow, but I remembered it from the days of my youth. I like the way you played with the colors of salvations, sort of like an artist does on a canvas.

I must say, indeed, I so enjoyed stopping at both your blogs today, indeed, I have been fed with rich food, and it went down well. Thank you.

Sindi said...

I love snow and we have had a couple of snow falls here. Snow can also show us how great of an artist our Lord can be. Each flake is different, unique and special in its own way. I think we are alot like snowflakes, special in our own way. :)