Keeping things given to us by God simple, even though we live in a very complicated world.

Sunday, December 16, 2007

The "Christian" Blogosphere

This blog was originally started to separate some thoughts I would have about Christian living and to post prayer requests. This was to be my "faith based" blog. I have been very careful, as far as calling this a "Christian" blog. This blog is based on my walk with the Lord, but I like to consider myself a Christian with two blogs.

I hope you're still with me. The reason that I am posting this is because of a Christian publication that feels that there should not be "Christian" blogs. Their reasoning is that anyone can have a bad experience against some church or Christian college, which would be of their own doing, and are in the position to influence millions with their views.

What hurts is this reasoning paints anyone who wants to express their faith with a broad brush, and I take exception to this.

There are those who read these words that inspire me to do my best. There are also those, such as Kathy, who utilize their blogs to read like a good devotional. There are also those who I have learned to rely on as prayer warriors.

I am not going to give a link to the Christian publication which I referred to in the second paragraph, as I don't want to risk offending anyone who reads this. I didn't agree with the article, but the same ministry that publishes the paper also published the booklet I was reading over 27 years ago which put me under conviction that I needed Jesus in my life.

I just wish the folks who cast aspersions on the Christian blogosphere would read blogs like "Kathy's Klavier" or "This and That."

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Aww, thanks Cliff for your kind words. It's funny because when I started my blog, I thought right then that it wouldn't be like a devotional blog because I was afraid that I would run out of things to say and then I'd be stuck. But sometimes these thoughts just come in my head and I feel like I need to say what I'm thinking and share Jesus with anyone who happens upon it. Thanks again and thanks for sharing your Christian thoughts also.

Stylin said...

Thankyou Cliff!!
Kathy is a wonderful person and i always leave her posts with a good thought that Jesus laid on my mind.