Keeping things given to us by God simple, even though we live in a very complicated world.

Friday, December 28, 2007

Someone may be watching.....

Amel and I exchanged messages on Facebook yesterday. I explained my two blogs to her. I told her that WIXY's Gone Bananas was more of a personal journal and Seek Him First is the blog where I try my best to glorofy the Lord. Amel then told me that she used these blogs as devotionals since she didn't go to Sunday School much as a child.

This got me to thinking that this is both an honor and a great responsibility. Since I don't have a site meter on this blog, I don't know how many hits I get here in a day, and I don't know where the hits come from. But what I do know is this: there may be someone in need when they come across our blogs, someone who may need a word of encouragement.

Shortly after I got saved in 1980, I asked the Lord to give me a ministry. In the past 27 years I have been a song leader, assistant choir director, sang solos in church, taught Sunday School, and preached a few messages. Most of these gave me a good ego stroke. When it hit home that one coming to this blog comes looking for spiritual food, that really humbled me.

Pray that I don't disappoint my friends who stop here. I will pray that those who minister here in the blogosphere can help feed those who are starving spiritually, and we all can maintain the sweet fellowship we have.

8 comments:

Amel said...

Hi, Cliff,

I LOVE learning about anything from anyone, esp. ever since I blogged, and especially from Christ followers like you.

I think that no matter what the message you send, when you share something from your own experiences and heart, it's gonna be right no matter what.

I personally love reading other people's struggles and victories in their relationship with Christ. I'm still such a young Christ follower but I DO want to learn more about Him and I find that blogs like yours REALLY speak to my heart. So I don't think you're going to disappoint anyone since I know where your heart is focusing on he he he he he...

Amel said...

Sorry, typo. I was going to say this....

"Or should I say: to WHOM your heart is focusing on."

Stylin said...

Hi WIXY
Its amazing how God uses us !
Todays devotional that you sent was amazing

Kathy said...

You are doing a great job with your Seek Him First blog. I also try to keep in mind that the people who come across my blog may be someone who really needs a touch from God.

Amel said...

Oh yeah...forgot to say: THANK YOU for the devotional you sent me, too! :-))))

Amel said...

Happy New Year, Cliff!!! God bless and lead you and your family always!!!

Sindi said...

You have been tagged for the New Year’s Resolution, or Not meme. Come by my blog and see what it is all about :)

Linda Jones Malonson said...

Cliff I am not starving for spirituality, but I do come here often to read and contemplate. I so enjoy purity of thought, where one can talk about the good in each of us, and still accept the fact that we are human being with flaws.

You are indeed a good person, and you inspire me ... thank you.