Keeping things given to us by God simple, even though we live in a very complicated world.

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Dual Posts: Terry Pluto on Joseph

This being the weekend before Christmas, I want to share with my blogging family an article that Terry Pluto wrote in this morning's Cleveland Plain Dealer, and also available on Cleveland.com.

The article is about how churches sometime beautify and sanitize the Christmas story. Terry also writes that the story of Joseph should be an example for people of all faiths to follow.

It should be of interest to those who find themselves raising a child that they didn't bring into the world themselves.

Take some time to reflect on the very humble beginnings of the greatest man who ever lived.

3 comments:

Sindi said...

I greatly enjoyed reading Terry's article. Family is family no matter what. My friends that are close to me are concidered family to me and so is their families. I have never believed that family has to be blood related. They are family if there is that special bond of love between them. God Bless and thanks for the great article.

Amel said...

WONDERFUL article, Cliff! I happened to listen to a sermon online in Our Daily Bread page about a similar theme. Such a GREAT reminder of Joseph's part in the whole story!

Kathy said...

I enjoyed that article. It really makes you think about what Joseph went through.