Keeping things given to us by God simple, even though we live in a very complicated world.

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Seeking God, Making Changes

Cliff Note: I have some changes in mind for this blog and they are under construction in my head. I will proceed as the Lord directs.

Today is the day I will go see Terry Pluto at the Wadsworth Library. Chances are when he gives his talk on his latest book I will have to view it on closed circuit television in another room in the library, but afterwards he will sign some of his books. I bought one last night to mail out. I also have one for him to sign for me. The book is special because it belonged to my brother.

Last week, in Terry's "Faith and You" column in the Cleveland Plain Dealer Terry's topic was Trusting God's will can stir big changes-inside of us. Terry writes about Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane. Jesus, in a very intense prayer session, asked God three times, to "take this cup from me"-if it was God's will. Jesus was getting his heart ready to fulfill the mission he was sent to the world for.

Terry then writes about people who pray to God and expect God to change. But effective prayer will be to have God change us.

One thing that was touched on briefly was Terry taking care of his father after he had suffered a debilitating stroke. To those who reside out of the area, I would like to suggest a book called "Our Tribe." It tells of the relationship between Terry, his father, and their shared love for the Cleveland Indians. No matter which team you root for, you will be touched by the story of Terry Pluto and his dad, Tom.

1 comment:

Liquid said...

It works Cliff, but only because of your words.......

Much!

me