Keeping things given to us by God simple, even though we live in a very complicated world.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Blessed are the poor in spirit...

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven.-Matthew 5:3

With those words, Jesus begins the Sermon on the Mount. It's interesting that the first words out of Jesus' mouth was encouragement towards the downtrodden. We sometimes try to make logic of these things, but that's when it happens to someone else. When it happens to them we say that they weren't in the will of God. When it happens to us it's "Why me God?" But Jesus says "Blessed are the poor in spirit." Why are we supposed to be happy? "for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

Better days are ahead. If not sooner it will be later.

After this past week the above verse had come to mind. Sometimes I have to look at the simple. God's Word isn't complicated and it shouldn't be made that way.

3 comments:

Linda Jones Malonson said...

Thought provoking, Cliff --- and I remember this verse well, because there were times, and still are times when I am poor in spirit---.

Melanie said...

Interesting thoughts..thank you for sharing!

Sindi said...

When you have the time please stop by my blog because I am tagging you for the Knowing me Knowing you Meme.