Keeping things given to us by God simple, even though we live in a very complicated world.

Monday, February 4, 2008

If My People

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

Tomorrow is "Super Tuesday" where about 40% of the delegates for the political conventions here in the USA will be decided. Of course there is plenty of campaigning, and some mudslinging. Unfortunately some Christians place too much hope in their political parties and way too many put too much faith at the top.

Should we vote? Yes. We should also pray for our leaders whether we agree with them or not. We should also pray for wisdom as we prepare to make decisions at the ballot box.

Study the issues. If a candidate professes to be a Christian, pray that they "walk the walk" as well as "talking the talk."

But remember this-As Americans we should regard all elections, whether they be for school levies, or for President, as important.


2 comments:

Linda Jones Malonson said...

Aman!

Kathy said...

It's very important! I have to vote today. I wrote a really long blog about it! LOL!