Keeping things given to us by God simple, even though we live in a very complicated world.

Friday, February 22, 2008

Why do bad things keep happening to my family?

One thing I don't want my blogs to be about is my problems. Right now though, I feel like Job. Today, right before 11:00am I get this call from my wife. She had just gotten into an accident where she pulled out in front of this car. Fortunately the speed limit where she was at was 25MPH.I was an hour away, but I probably took the WIXYmobile faster than I should getting to Wooster Hospital. Thank God it wasn't anything more serious than a concussion.

The car is not drivable and the appraiser will be at the impound lot early next week.

These past couple of weeks have not been kind to us.

Early last week our son was hospitalized for a week.

I had to appear in court yesterday and even though the case was thrown out, I had to miss two hours of work.

And now this accident.

You know, I should be grateful that nothing more serious happened and I am.

But financially there have been many incidents that have set me back in the past couple of years. Why is it I see some people who live less than honorable lives and don't have these things happen to them? We had a president who committed an immoral act in the White House and his approval rating shot up after he admitted to it. Things happen to me and people tell me that it's my own fault. Why?

Yes this is on the right blog. I will add scripture to this after I am done feeling sorry for myself.

3 comments:

Sindi said...

You say whatever you are feeling and don't worry about talking about your problems. Truely your Blogger friends will react the same as I am right now. Is your wife OK? Are you OK? I am here for you, my friend

Kathy said...

I am so sorry that all these things seem to be happening at the same time. I don't know why it has to be that way sometimes or why it seems like great things happen to people who are living in sin. I know it's hard when all this hits at once and I will pray for you and your family. I know that these are the times when we grow stronger and I have faith that you will do some serious growing right now. And I don't believe that everything bad that happens to us is our own fault. Sometimes, yes, but not always.

Michelle said...

Sorry to hear your woes and I hope you are all okay by now.

This post reminded me of an old family story.

My mom used to grumble to my dad about the fact that every time he had a raise or they managed to save a little money something bad would happen - car accident, illness... something to eat up the money.

Then my dad turned it around and pointed out that every time something bad was going to happen... God sent them money so they'd cope.

Sometimes it's all in the perspective.