Keeping things given to us by God simple, even though we live in a very complicated world.

Monday, February 25, 2008

Now I know!!

And Joseph said to them, Fear not; for am I in the place of God? [Vengeance is His, not mine.]

As for you, you thought evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring about that many people should be kept alive, as they are this day. Genesis 50:19-20 Amplified Bible


We spent the weekend very discouraged. Kathy was expressing many bad thoughts. We had other problems within our family and could not see the light at the end of the tunnel. And to top it off, Kathy had to take one of our cats to the vet this morning. It turned out the cat had feline lymphoma and had to be put down.

With all of what my family had gone through in the past couple of weeks, I was at wits end.

Meanwhile Liquid, who recently has gone through things I wouldn't want, to is flying high. Not drunk, not high on drugs, and not in an aircraft. Suzanne had taken all she could and yesterday left it at the altar, as she had rededicated her life to the Lord Jesus Christ. She couldn't wait to email me about it. PRAISE THE LORD!!!

We got to emailing each other and I told her about the cat and wondering on our keyboard why all his was happening, having a mini pity party for myself.

Suzanne's reply was that we all are making Satan angry. He's upset that several of us are using the internet, something he likes to claim as his playground, for witnessing and fellowship.

Believe me when I say I enjoy it when I hear someone has been blessed by something I post here. It is an awesome responsibility that we all have to uplift others while using our blogs as a witness to a hurting world.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

cliff--the last several weeks have also been trying for my family and i as well. thru it all, GOD is reminding me of several things...
1) HOW MUCH HE LOVES me
2) Our past sin has present consequences that currently affect our loved ones
3)GOD in HIS mercy can protect our family from the consequences of our sin(mine happens to be pride)
4)GOD IS IN CONTROL, i am not--Thank GOD
5)GOD is providing in spite of my efforts
6) GOD is working things out in HIS timing, not mine.
7)As I seek HIM for WHO HE IS and not for Santa, He restores favor.
8) I remember how really messed up I would be if I were not a Christian....
JOb had it pretty easy compared to us.
9) GOD ia Faithfull.....RELY ON HIM

don't give up CLiff, surrender--reminder to self--David5258

Kathy said...

I'm glad you are finding purpose in things you are going through. I heard a great sermon at church Sunday and I thought about you. It was about the potter and the clay. After the process of molding and shaping the clay, the potter finally has to put it in the fire to complete the process.

Kathy said...

And something else that was said in that sermon is that God is completing us by having to put us in the fire.

God has a plan for us and when he looks at us, he sees that finished product; He sees what he wants us to become.

Melanie said...

I do not have anything deep to say..but I wanted to just say that I am thinking or you! It sounds like the Lord is giving you peace!