Keeping things given to us by God simple, even though we live in a very complicated world.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Dual Posts:Thankful Thursday

I'm sure that some of you noticed that I didn't post anything in either blog yesterday. That was because I was not up to it emotionally. I did contact one of my best friends via email about it and was sent some real encouragement back.

I figure if I didn't post today, some would get concerned since I have some real super friends who stop by here. So as I was showering this morning, I come up with the idea, actually I ripped it off, I mean borrowed it, from the Cleveland Plain Dealer, of Thankful Thursday. I am starting this at 4am my time, and hope to have it posted during my morning break so it will be up before my regular readers take their strolls through the "bloggerhood". And it will be on both blogs.

First, I am thankful that I have good friends who read these blogs, those who have been with me from the start, in August, 2006, to those who who have started reading recently. Your comments brighten my day.

I am also thankful for the job I have even though it's not my dream job and it's 46 miles from my house.

But I'm also thankful that I have reliable transportation to get me there, even if it is a two toned(blue and rust) 1989 Toyota.

I'm thankful that I have a home to go to at night.

I'm thankful that over the years I have always had enough food to eat, to the point I need to lose weight.

I'm thankful that I have those at home who care about me.

I'm thankful that we had enough extra money to eat out yesterday, even if it was Wendys.

Because I am thankful that an old friend of the family followed us in just to say "hi".

I'm thankful that the weekend is coming up, and Rittman has their homecoming game on Friday, and that we have a show to go to Saturday.

I'm thankful God gave a big booming voice and that I can use it to help 44 student musicians.

And that the Rittman Marching Band gives me a good product that makes it easy for me to yell about.

I'm thankful that I have some singing ability, because due to some people not being in church this past Sunday I was asked to lead the singing.

Remember the Bible says that there is power in praise. Start your own "Thankful Thursday" list. It's a very easy post to do because once you start the ideas flow freely.

6 comments:

Kathy said...

That was great! I also have so many things to be thankful for.

Stylin said...

See....I have more for this list too!!
I am thankful for family who loves me to the point where they drive me crazy
I am thankful for friends who love me
I am thankful that I have a dog who is a great running companion,I would hate to run alone everyday
I too am thankful for food to eat and clothes to wear both to the excessive points and that in turn makes me donate it to people who have' nt got any.
Thanks WIXY

Cliff said...

I'm also thankful for people who don't want to compromise their faith when they interract with others, whom they have never met, when they make their presence known online.

Sindi said...

This is a very inspiring post. Today I have been really blessed by just being able to read all the blogs I can today. I have many more, but I would not want to take up all your comment space. I have a real problem with talking too much and not knowing when to shut up. If you check out some of the other blogger's comments you will see that this is true.HE HE HE HE HE :)

I like your Thankful Thursday Idea and I am going snatch it from you, if you don't mind. I have also taken an idea from Amel. She told me about 3BT: 3 Beautiful Things. You write about 3 things you found that are beautiful.

I have been coming back every day to see if you have written anything, I forgot you had 2 blogs, so I will have to remember to check it out also.God Bless and peace be with you. :)

Cliff said...

Sindi,

Thanks for coming by. Your comments are always welcome here.

Feel free to use any idea you get from my blogs. Like I stated in the post, I got the idea from the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

According to Solomon, There is no new thing under the sun.

If your readers can get as much out of it as those who have responded to my blogs,then there will be plenty of blessings to go around.

A dual post coming up will be an explanation as to why I have two blogs.

stacys1175 said...

I really enjoyed reading your post today it brought a smil to my face and I feel very happy for you and your family. god bless and have a nice day also if you dont mind i would like to add you as one of my links thank you