Keeping things given to us by God simple, even though we live in a very complicated world.

Monday, October 15, 2007

God is an Investor

And He changes the times and the seasons: He removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom to the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:
Daniel 2:21 KJV

I gave this advice twice this past weekend, once to a fellow announcer at a high school band show and once to a fellow blogger-Be yourself.

You cannot do your best when you use other people's talents.

All too often we envy others for their talents while making excuses about why we aren't all we could be for the Lord. God didn't give me your talent because he has a different ministry for me.

We are responsible for using the tools God has given us for the up building of His kingdom.

God invests in us, and He is a wise investor. If we use these talents the value of our "stock" go up, and God will give us more. If we don't use our talents, they will be taken away from us.

God wants the best for His children but he wants us to use the best for His glory.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

That is good advice. It took me a long time to learn this with my piano playing -- it used to bother me when others could do things on the piano that I couldn't do. But I finally realized that God gave me certain talents and I can do some things that others can't, and he uses us all together and for specific purposes. I'm very thankful for the talent He has given me.

Pilgrim said...

aL12NT101
Sage advice Cliff. As simple as it sounds I don't think I've ever heard it before. Thanks for sharing.

Sindi said...

I greatly enjoyed it. I also say thank you for the advice. I need to quit worrying so much and just be me, and that is a fun person. I am not much fun when I stress over the little things.Lesson learned. :)

Linda Jones Malonson said...

Cliff,
I enjoyed reading this tonight .. good advice. I often wonder if I am using my talents to the best of my abilities -- for the good of all.