Keeping things given to us by God simple, even though we live in a very complicated world.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

More About Terry Pluto


I have some good response from my post the other day about Terry Pluto. I emailed Terry with a link to both of my blogs. One of the posts from WIXY's Gone Bananas concerned a ministry partner of his, named Gloria.

Gloria is a lady whom you can tell by the first minute you talk to her that she loves the Lord. Gloria has a vital part in the Summit County jail ministry. Terry conducts a bible study there. Terry has told me in person that if there was any star in the ministry, it would be Gloria.

During other hours, Gloria works at Sam's Club, passing out samples as a demo person. I was going through a rough period a little over a year ago and I shared some information with her. She wouldn't let me leave until she prayed for me-right there in the store.

Back to Terry. He is head sports columnist at the Plain Dealer, and I figured that he would be too busy to send a response right away since the Indians were in the American League Championship Series. Guess what? He sent me a response yesterday afternoon, a very nice one at that.

Terry has written many books on sports topics. He likes to tell the story about how he would complain about his job to his dad who would then say, "You get paid to go to ball games" which would put things into perspective. He has also written two books specifically on faith topics, "Everyday Faith" and "Faith and You." I know that he sent 10% of his profits of the first book to the Haven of Rest, a homeless ministry in Akron.

He also sent me links about his books and columns.

Terry's books.

Plain Dealer column archive(includes sports columns)

Plain Dealer faith columns.

I plan to add these links to my sidebar in the very near future.

1 comment:

Sindi said...

I like reading about Terry and Gloria. They sound like really nice people. I must say since I have started blogging I have met and read about some very wonderful people. I never knew how many good people there were in the world. Believe me i have not met many in person.