Keeping things given to us by God simple, even though we live in a very complicated world.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Something to Check Out

Those who have followed my other blog, "WIXY's Gone Bananas," know that my favorite sportswriter is Terry Pluto. He currently writes for the Cleveland Plain Dealer. Before that, he wrote for years for the Akron Beacon Journal. He became a born again Christian in 1997 and shortly thereafter started writing a faith column. When he went to the Plain Dealer, part of the deal was he would continue the faith columns.

This past Saturday, Terry wrote an excellent column on being offended. Click here for story.

And for all my recent friends click here for something I wrote about Terry on my other blog.

One last thing. I am really enjoying the fellowship in the comment sections in all the linking blogs

7 comments:

Kathy said...

That was a good article. I had that verse he used underlined in my Bible from years ago when I was trying to fight off being offended.

Sindi said...

You have been Tagged for a meme.
Come to my blog and read Blogging: The Untold Stories to find out more about it.

Sindi said...

I have read both and greatly enjoyed them. I can see that you really look up to this man. I do have to say sorry but I don't know who he is. I did get an idea for a post after reading them.

Pilgrim said...

Thanks fpr sharing Cliff. Once again a simple truth but oh so hard to live out. Breaking it down into simple terms makes it much easier.

Cliff said...

As I stated in my other post, my younger brother has been wheelchair bound for the past 20 years and has been in nursing homes since 1999.

I took him to the Berean bookstore to hear Terry speak. When we got there Terry made sure Ricky, my brother, has a place up front and paid special attention to him during the presentation. Terry also made sure others had seats when they arrived.

I may make it a regular feature here where I give a quick description of Terry's faith columns and provide a link.

Pilgrim, you may want to make it a bookmark, since, in my opinion, Terry is also one of the best sportswriters around.

Also if the story touched you, drop Terry a line. his email is terrypluto2003@yahoo.com

Terry appreciates all feedback and answers all responses.

stacys1175 said...

Reading that has gave me something to think about. Thank you so much for stopping by and suggesting I read that.

Tim Lones said...

Cliff:

I have to tell you. You know how much Terry talked about his father who had been ill a long time....He told a story a few years ago about being stuck alone in Florida at a Waffle House and how difficult it was, though the Waitresses, etc. were very kind and understanding to them..

That story touched me because it reminding me of my Mother-in Law and her last Christmas with us in our home..I related to Terry our family story and he emailed encouragement to me, though we probably will never meet. I've loved his columns for years, especially talking about the old-time Indians as we (and you also) are the same era age wise..

Terry is a classy, kind gentleman that loves the Lord and has really been a blessing to me over the years..